Here are some of the challenges that face Australian Farmers!
- Farming is a complex business which involves many challenges.
- Like any other business farmers need to manage their finances, while caring for the environment and efficiently producing grains and animal produce.
- They face the extra challenge of running their business in a changing climate, where they are at the mercy of the weather.
- Farmers need to be able to plan for the future and adjust their practices to allow for variation in the seasons and climatic conditions. This allows them to utilise the water which is available more effectively
- They also have to manage their business by timing their operations according to market prices, feed availability and climatic factors like temperature and rainfall.